Keep it cool

Hi everyone! I am back from Taiwan

*full of regret*

not because I didn't buy enough things, but because of the weather in SG. 

Can someone say WTF
sigh, I swear I am dying from global warming even before it reaches the full extent.

Hot and humid weather is a bane for all girls who like to make themselves look nice.
Makeup smearing, smudging, sticky, sweaty skin - zomg!

So here's my use(ful)(less) to keep things kool. 

I recently spree-ed with 6spree.com.sg (btw not an advertorial, was really impressed by them).
Basically most people would know that China's Taobao.com is a shopping heaven. Everything is so so so cheap you can easily buy the whole place lol. 

Here comes the problem: most merchants rarely shipped overseas and if they do, the high shipping rate will deter anyone from spree-ing. 
I have always wanted to get stuff from there, but finding an agent to help me is a chore.
So many things to take into consideration. Agent fee, paypal fee, exchange rates, shipping fee, postal fee, YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IRRITATING NOT, why can't you give me ONE COST -,-

So here's the beauty of 6spree.com.sg, if you join the monthly spree, there is 0% AGENT FEE and a relatively good rate 1SGD: 5RMB

Ok, it is getting too wordy, I am going to spam some pictures of what I bought lol. 

So as I was saying, summer has 'officially' arrived at our shores. 
The last thing I want is to sweat my way to my office, we ALL know how shitty the aircon is on train, ESPECIALLY during peak hours. 

1) Wear dresses. Preferably something simple but not too cui for work.
Introducing skater dress. Fairly basic but yet easy to glam up.
Just add a belt, or wear nice shoes.
Nude shoes gives an illusion that your legs are longer, black heels, well, we are going for corporate look right?

Personally, I would prefer flats or if your office permits, wear slippers to work and change to work shoes there. Most girls (unlike me) are quite good at walking with a 3-4 inches tall heels, I can never fathom how people balance especially on those stilettos let alone suffering in them. 

So flats is the way to go, even if a person can run in her heels, she can surely run faster in flats no? 

If this is too basic, throw on a blazer at work and you got the instant work look!

2) Wear skirts. Unfortunately both skirts n dresses have the same problem: it allows perverts to take upskirts!! Introducing skorts, or skirts + shorts. 
I got one off taobao, and I must say the quality is really good. So you get to show off your legs (ok more like preventing heat from trapping in work pants) at the same time warding off unwanted perverts!!
this skort (as seen below) is rather straight, so u can pair it with a peplum top.
If you so fancy, pair it with a spaghetti top and again throw on your blazer at your work place.

Lose the pants! Wear skorts!
Let's not forget accessories as well. Tie your hair up (because it is so hot!), wear a nice watch. 
bingo! Work look! 

This is the link to the skorts. 

 As I mentioned, thanks to our weather, making up is such a pain in the ass.
You made up your face perfectly in your room (with the aircon on usually lol) only to step out into the searing heat. 
eyeliners running, foundation melted... omg?

So... 
3) Wear a pair of spectacles. Not only does it make you look studious (i.e. intelligent looking) immediately, people will tend to focus on your eyewear and not your melting makeup, unless of course if the mascara runs down your eye after you cried. 

it can also be use as a lazy cover up. So say if you just wanna go out with your sunscreen (because you have oh-so-flawless skin) pair it with a pair of specs and you will look glam up!

I got myself four pairs off taobao (again because they are cheap lol)
as you can tell from the pictures the obvious advantage of having a lensless specs is that it doesn't cause reflections when you take a photo, but of course without the lenses it is literally a fake eyewear lol. 

So choose what you like! 


Ok back to 6spree. 
So I joined the monthly spree because I don't need my stuff urgently and yes I didn't want to pay any agent fee also. My overall shipping fee was about $0.85/g which was relatively cheaper than other services ($1.00/g plus)
they also offer various collection options, self collection, meetup and postage which is really nice. Imagine you have 20kg worth of stuff and this mean person say you can only collect via mailing - quite an ass right? They also provide status updates on their fb page which is really great for kanchiong spiders

That's all for my tips!
Remember to drink more water! 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.