2015...2016

11:17 PM
Initially, I wanted to share some of my best buys from Taobao, but it feels weird to start an entry in 2016 without talking about my personal development. There are not a lot of stuff that I did in 2015 for I was mostly enjoying my student life, so I take comfort in knowing that these are still major milestones - quality > quantity right?

1. Call me Master!!


starwars meme


After 1.5 years of returning to school, I am pleased to say that I have graduated :D Learning at masters level is so different from undergraduate. For one, the class size is smaller and you actually need to use your brain to think instead of just memorising answers. There were a lot more group work (oh god, some group mates are really out of this world bad) and a lot more reports to write.

Yet at the same time it was so much fun not having to wake up at 7am for work and leech free food and stuff from my parents :P Having zero income is a little sad, but hey I still manage to do point 3 and buy stuff that I like!

2. Do Re Mi Fa So

dog puppy piano meme

I made an impulsive decision to learn piano. I mean I have always wanted to when I was young, but it was (and still is) shit expensive. Plus I figured that I probably wouldn't enjoy it, not with all the exams and tuition back then. I only started in Q3 in 2015, so still very much of a newbie, but it is still awesome (for now) except suffering from a few broken fingers - kidding!


3. Ohaiyo!

Went Japan for the first time. Better yet, I SURVIVED the bloody heat wave when I was there. It totally spoilt the whole "omg-Japan-is-darn-cool" experience, but on the upside, I think it means I am ready for global warming. HAHA. Of course besides the weather, there were other negative stuff as well like how you could pick out tourists from a certain country - loud, obnoxious and uncivilised. I was told the situation is worse in Korea. Let's not dwell too much on them.

After witnessing the legendary good etiquette the Japanese have and how innovative and resilient the country is. There were indeed loads of old people on the streets, but man, they are so healthy!  Some even climbed stairs faster than me. I wish our older folks could also be like them too, instead of vying for reserved seats on the train. I shall be like the resilient old folks n Japan when I grow old next time!

Of course this is not the last trip to Japan. We went in summer, which was a terrible choice. Spring/Autumn/Winter next time!

danbo danboard in osaka castle



12 comments:

  1. Good to start learning music!~ Keep it up!~

    I wanna visit japan again, as well..

    -gig love - http://cre8tonebabe.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna go to Japan too. Number 1 is on point. And 2 is sooo me. Been wanting to learn how to play a piano but never had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please write more about your trip in Japan. I'M CURIOUS!

    http://julisapratiwi.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Japan is a beautiful country. I stayed with a family there for a week and it was the best time I had ever had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man you went to Japan! I wish I could visit there too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep it up for your dreams and don't stop until it happen.
    what a lovely post to share with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't knew Japan is that hot or it is just seasonal? By the way, congrats on your piano lesson 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I want to go to Japan too. You are so lucky. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Japan and Hot? Wow.. I'm gonna avoid visiting Japan during the summer than. And glad you are learning to Play a Piano too

    GIG Love – Chai – Style.. A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get back to playing the piano!!
    Japan is the number one country I want to visit at the moment. Old people who walk faster on the stairs. I should start eating more Japanese food, haha.

    http://lamodeeternelleetc.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay 2016 - glad yours look to have started great! Congrats on getting your master's degree - that's amazing! Japan is in my list to visit hopefully this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i also want to visit japan atleast like once ... and i am yet to start my piano lessons ...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.